drive thru employees
they are sick of your nonsense
I lost my fucking shit at the fish and scared the shit out of my cat!! I am crying!!
How to Publish a Serial Story
by Irina Michaels
List of Supplies
- Willpower/or very appealing bribery
- A Mostly Working Command of Grammar and Punctuation
How to Do It
1. Write. Assuming you’ve had a story idea at any point in your life that has interested you, there’s a pretty good chance the idea will still be there. Write it down. Important things to add include originality, conflict, resolution, and commas.
2. Edit. Then edit some more. You could do surface edits (grammar, spellcheck, etc.) by yourself, but you would benefit from someone else reading your story and giving their opinions on what can be improved. Actually applying their edits to your story/article/submission will help. Trust me. (Really. One time I had three different people read the same piece…for different objectives.)
3. Find an outlet. While you were writing the story, your main outlet for communication included a blank screen. You’re probably going to want to show the story to more than a Word document. A local newspaper would be a good idea since they publish different things in order to fill up white space, but setting up a blog or finding a website that lets you publish your writing could work just as well.
4. Take it to the chopping block. If you want to publish a serial story, you have to cut up your work into bits and pieces. (Fun, right, after you worked to make it whole and complete? I know.) Some of the best places to do this would be at chapter breaks, or places that will make your readers feel like they are about to go jumping from a plane and need more of your story to act as a parachute right this second (aka cliffhanger).
5. Contact outlet from step number 3. Since you’ve (hopefully, hopefully) figured out a place / literary outlet to publish your serial story, you need to contact them. If you’re writing from a blog or website, you can skip this step. Otherwise, write to a contributing newspaper editor, website creator, or person along those lines. Be professional (very professional), mention why you think your serial story could be shown there, what your story is about, and give contact information.
6. Promote. If you’re writing from a blog or website, you need to promote. This could be done by using social media, coming up with a clever story or blog title, and word of mouth, as well as possible intriguing line or two from your story. Promotion in order to gain readers is crucial, and could lead to more opportunities and loyal readers.
7. Write more. If you’re using a serial story to get money, it may or may not work, depending on how you’ve published it, but if you keep writing, you will have more materials to use to your advantage and become -it’s true- a better writer. Also, by this time, your writing habit will either be ingrained or as addictive as your favorite dessert. Keep writing.
Of course, this is talking about serialized fiction, not serial fiction. There is a difference.
Im bored and someone should talk to me about their favorite video game *winks with two eyes*@@@healyhqI choose you are u pump for persona 5 because I am and I don’t even have a ps3 B^)
ARE YOU KIDDING HELL YEAH I’M PUMPED FOR PERSONA 5!
I’ve been speculating like crazy about all kinds of crap.
I’m especially interested in learning about about the new characters, what the velvet room is going to look like this time, who the new assistant will be in the velvet room (if there even is a new one), what the graphical user interface will look like (3 was selecting options via a revolver’s chambers, 4 was as though selecting a TV channel), how the persona users will summon their personae this time (shooting head with evokers in 3, crushing/shattering tarot cards in 4), whether or not they’ll pull a P3P and allow a gender select option (which may change how some social links would go down), etc etc etc. Like, wow, I know it’s over a year away, but my mind won’t stop reeling from all the HYPE HYPE HYPE! :D
Also, I’m totally getting the new P4 Arena game, Persona Q, and Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Can’t get enough of this franchise, yo!
And this is why the Microsoft Excel logo starts with an X
I SPAT OUT MY COFFEE
THAT TOOK ME A SURPRISINGLY LONG MOMENT
haha holy shit my little brother got me the fucking bishōnen reshiram card im crying
LOOK AT IT
yesterday no one was answering a question correctly in class and my teacher became so incredibly depressed at our lack of potential that he just
right out the window
i love this post.
If I was a teacher, I’d be fired for doing crap like this on a regular basis. :P
ＲＥＬＥＡＳＥ ＴＨＥ ＰＩＧＥＯＮＳ
the person that goes running after them omfg
(Source: faizebeleth, via oolong-cha)